PSA 663 PRODUCT AND SERVICE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – NATIONAL HIV NPO
THIS ROLE IS DEFINITELY TO BE PLACED IN LINE WITH BEE PRINCIPLES AIMED AT PEOPLE FROM PREVIOUSLY DISADVANTAGED COMMUNITIES
PREFERENCE FOR FLUENCY IN AT LEAST TWO BLACK LANGUAGES
This well-funded and established National Non-Profit Organisation looks to appoint a Product and Services Development Manager who is experienced in the design and implementation of customer experiences and services, as well as product strategies to enhance the record of excellence and leadership in the field of community-based HIV prevention and care.
This Product and Services Development Manager will be part of the senior management team, reporting directly to the COO, and will work individually as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team., working with partners and key stakeholders at a senior level both strategically and operationally. The ideal candidate will be experienced with technology, experienced in taking new products to market and in representing the client in view of services and/or products.
This position requires a strong ability to influence various stakeholders, to set high standards for client services and to help conceptualize and execute new and innovative experiences of health care that serve the prevention and care needs of at-risk populations, particularly adolescent girls and young women. Consumer marketing experience will be an advantage, as will a sound ability to conduct research, assess trends, data and relevant information, and to translate this into recommendations and product improvement.
Candidates must have a strong balance of skills including proven ability to:-
- represent the needs of the client;
- conduct research into client needs and to obtain insights into customers’ usage of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas
- market and promote products internally and externally;
- effectively engage and collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams (IT, product, operations, marketing and finance);
- effectively lead a multidisciplinary staff;
- manage and implement process improvements and product innovation, to deliver results and generate client loyalty
- have a proven ability to effectively communicate with providers, government partners, community organizations, youth and family populations is imperative.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
Goals and Strategy:-
- Direct all Customer Experience/product marketing staff
- Develop customer experience and product marketing strategies aligning with organisational goals and strategies
- Research, identify and deliver to client needs
- Monitor and evaluate progress toward health services goals/targets/outcomes
- Collaborate with the development of new medical and psycho-social products, programmes and innovations in ongoing programmes in this style of health service
- Contribute to the design of effective and efficient systems and process to support delivery of high-quality care and prevention services
- Ensure implementation of customer experience and product goals are met
- Practice within the scope of professional discipline and range of activities
- Promote and embed a culture of innovation, clinical best practice and quality improvement
- Relationship Management
- Internal – manage inter-departmental synergies in relation to health services programmes
- External – collaborate with colleagues managing relationships with funders, government, partners, etc.
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships at all levels
General Personality Traits
- Insatiable desire for the absolute best client and staff experience
- Service disposition and a strong understanding of the nature of the NPO sector
- Strategic thinker and influencer of note
- Enjoy working with people and providing service excellence
- Detailed focus and High Energy level and commitment
- Exceptional leadership qualities
- Strong ethics
- Exceptional communication skills so as to convey information to a range of cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to garner trust among project team and stakeholders
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and possibly Marketing expertise
- Previous field experience in South Africa in new product and new services development in corporate or the NGO sectors
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a managerial post in corporate or non-profit sector
- Preference for fluency in at last two Black languages
Send CV including current or recent Salary level, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the exceptionally high volumes of applications, we are unable to correspond with each applicant personally, therefore only relevant and suitable candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any correspondence from our company within 14 days, we regret your application has been unsuccessful.